Survey Reveals High COVID-19 Vaccination Rate in Victorian Chinese Community
A recent survey conducted by the Chinese Community Council of Australia (Victoria Chapter) reveals high COVID-19 vaccination rate in the Chinese community in Victoria. Some key findings are as follows.
- Among the respondents 94.4% have taken at least one dose, 48.1% have taken two doses.
- The primary brands of the vaccine taken are Pfizer (75.2%) and AstraZeneca (23.3%).
- 41.4% of respondents showed no hesitancy in getting the vaccine, while the top two concerns about the vaccine are its side effects (31.2%) and safety (19.5%).
- 83.5% of respondents encouraged people around them to take the vaccine.
- Top four sources of vaccine related information are mainstream news, online articles (blogs), family and friends, and WeChat groups.
- There is still a considerable degree of concern about the vaccine’s long-term side effects and safety.